Sytenol ® A is the purest form of Bakuchiol available - a powerful plant-based extract derived from the seeds of the babchi plant (Psoralea Corylifolia). Sytenol ® A Bakuchiol is unique, in that it's extracted via monomolecular extraction, meaning only the Bakuchiol molecule is removed for use, and leaving unwanted residual solvents and psoralens behind. It's an extremely well definite compound, with a guaranteed purity of over 99%. To date Robyn Skincare products contain Sytenol ® A Bakuchiol that is 99.8% pure.
When used in optimal concentration, it has been shown to deliver skin rejuvenation results equal to, and in some instances exceeding that of retinol, yet without the side-effects or restrictions commonly associated with it.
Sytenol ® A was shown in a study published in the British Journal of Dermatology to match the established benefits of retinol, and with a better skin tolerance.
Proven clinical results of a 12 week study with Sytenol ® A Bakuchiol and retinol:
- 60x stronger antioxidant activity than a-Tocopherol and Resveratrol
- 58% reduction of acne in 6 weeks (with a 30% reduction after just 2 weeks use)
- 20% reduction in line and wrinkle depth in 12 weeks (noticeably visible improvement within days)
- Bakuchiol is superior to retinol in terms of slowing down the activity of two matrix metalloprotease enzymes that are responsible for breaking down collagen and elastin
- Sytenol ® A also increases:
- type I collagen by 43% (25% more than retinol)
- type III collagen by 45% (25% more than retinol)
- type IV collagen by 19% (19% more than retinol)
- Experts recorded ‘significant visual improvement’ of the following at 12 weeks
- skin roughness and dryness (90% improvement)
- skin tone/pigmentation (40% improvement)
- elasticity, firmness and overall photo-damage (40% improvement)
- eye area appearance (45% improvement)
- brightening and radiance (45% and 52% improvement)
When is Sytenol ® A the obvious choice instead of retinol?
- If you’re looking for a multi-functional active ingredient, Sytenol ® A Bakuchiol not only behaves in a restorative way, but possesses powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that help to prevent damage, plus calm, soothe and heal skin in tandem.
- You want results, but don’t want to risk visible or uncomfortable side effects (scaling, redness, burning or stinging)
- You prefer not to use synthetic active ingredients
- You have eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, or dermatitis (where retinol use is not advised)
- You have sensitive skin generally
- You have acne and want an effective, natural and gentler product to decrease it quickly, and without side-effects
- You don’t want restrictions in your skincare routine (day-time use safe)
- It’s summer or you live in a sunnier climate and you’re nervous of using retinol (your skin is more sensitive to UV rays when using retinol)
- Retinol has been your steadfast for some time but its efficacy is dwindling, and you’re reticent to use a stronger form of retinoid
- You’re concerned about the unknown effects of long-term retinol use
- You wish to incorporate Vitamin C or hydroxy acids into your routine (not advisable whilst using retinol)
- You’re pregnant or breastfeeding (retinol use not advised)